Carl Vinson VA Medical Center Dublin, Georgia
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. Please contact us first before going to any of our locations. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
Covid-19 Coronavirus Update
Carl Vinson VAMC Update
VA is moving forward with reintroducing select services at facilities across the country. As part of VHA’s effort, the Carl Vinson VA Medical Center began its first phase of expanding in-person services on June 15. We will implement a phased approach to reintroducing health care services while ensuring a safe environment.
During COVID, Primary Care and Mental Health have been routinely available with an emphasis on more virtual video and telephone care, and other services available for urgent needs.
The plan began with Phase 1 which includes up to 25% of appointments for primary care, specialty care, and mental health. We will conduct ongoing assessments and a formal mid-point assessment at each phase to ensure it is safe and the VAMC is fully ready to move to the next phase before the decision to do so is made. In the second phase, with a date to be determined by data (tentatively Aug. 31), we will increase our patient visits to 50% and also have an expansion of surgical cases, including some elective cases, and select specialty services based on clinical need of Veteran patients.
Assessments review several factors including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) usage and supplies, the safety of our care environment, and positive cases among Veteran patients and in the community.
The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center continues to maximize personalized virtual care options like telehealth, phone consults, and wellness checks, as we know these services have been a valuable link to our Veterans during this challenging time.
The safety of Veterans and staff is the highest priority as we expand services and procedures, initially to Veterans who have the greatest clinical need and, as we achieve appropriate milestones, to all Veterans down the road.
COVID-19 Care & Testing
Veterans experiencing symptoms – fever, new or worsening chronic cough, new or worsening chronic shortness of breath – should call our Telephone Advice Program (TAP) line at (478) 272-1210 or 1-800-595-5229 to speak with a nurse. Staff are available 24/7 for nurse advice and triage.
Carl Vinson VAMC Facility Access
To protect our patients, guests, and caregivers, the Carl Vinson VAMC and its outpatient clinics will be limiting public entrances to only the entrances listed during the below times. When visitors or patients arrive at Dublin VAMC, they must utilize the below entrances.
Building 1 (Employees only) 5 a.m. - midnight
Building 5 (Primary Care / Outpatient Entrance) 6:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Weekend Urgent Care Hours 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Dublin VAMC will be inaccessible after 8 p.m.
As we welcome patients back, we are:
• Requiring face masks be worn while in VA facilities by both employees and patients.
• Seeing a limited number of patients in-person prioritized by clinical need.
• Continuing our ‘No Visitor’ policy with some exceptions for end-of-life care patients; no visitors under age 18.
• Continuing to maximize virtual care options to promote physical distancing and provide increased access to care regardless of geographic location.
- We will continue to use telehealth for primary care and mental health services to the extent possible to help ensure everyone’s safety.
- Telehealth continues to be expanded to include clinical care for all patients, unless it is necessary that care be performed face-to-face such as for procedures and surgery.
• Following physical distancing (six feet apart) and environmental cleaning recommendations outlined by the CDC.
• Asking patients not to enter the building more than 15 minutes before their appointment and to exit as soon as their appointment is completed.
• Screening staff members and Veterans for fever and other signs of COVID-19 infection.
• Requiring 100% use of face covering and hand sanitizing soon after entry into our facility.
Safe care is our mission and our continuing commitment to you, as well as to our Veterans. Learn more »
Events & Classes
No events or classes are currently scheduled.