CVVAMC Celebrates 65th Birthday!
On Jan. 22nd, 1948, the Dublin, GA, US Naval Hospital became a Veterans Administration hospital and began serving America’s heroes. For 65 years the medical center has provided quality healthcare to U.S. Veterans as a member of the Dublin-Laurens community, increasing in the availability and complexity of healthcare services offered. Starting with the original hospital facility, the medical center became the Carl Vinson VA Medical Center (CVVAMC) in 1984, changing its name to honor its most ardent supporter and the impetus for its existence, Senator Carl Vinson of Georgia. Over the years, the medical center has added services that now include domiciliary programs such as homelessness reduction and substance abuse assistance, as well a variety of outpatient services. The CVVAMC’s outreach efforts include five community-based outpatient clinics located in Albany, Brunswick, Macon, Milledgeville, and Perry. The community is invited to come in and see our medical center at work, just call Frank G. Jordan, Jr. at 478-274-5440, or email at Frank.Jordan@va.gov. Congratulations, CVVAMC, on 65 years of service to America’s heroes!